5.07.2013

A NEW story unfolds...

Okay, okay.

I know a couple of you know it.
I also am quite aware that I'm sticking out like a sore thumb, asking every male author I know to give me his story.

And yes, you, my faithful fans, have won at last; I have been pestered to the point of resignation.
So here you go:

I officially am writing a new story.

What does this mean specifically?
Two simple things:
1.) Stop bothering me.  Please.  I am virtually on my knees.
*gets on knees and laughs and climbs back into seat to keep typing*
Honestly, it's really difficult to write well when you have dozens of people clamoring to see what you're doing, and, needless to say, all the clamoring isn't going to get my writing out any faster.  I apologize that I'm such a perfectionist, but look on the bright side of it:

Virgil, the Roman who wrote the epic poem the Aeneid, only squeezed out two and a half lines every day for twenty years.

2.) While the actually story won't be out for quiet a good while, my outline, character profiles, and thoughts will be blogged for the public.  Also, if I'm struggling in a certain chapter, I might post it here to see if you all have any critics or comments to make.
Sneak-peek-esque.
3.) Often, I'm in need of assistance in my writing, so if I ask you a question pertaining to a certain plot hole I'm trying to fill, please answer in the comments box below.
Your help will definitely speed up the writing process.  :)

That announcement aside, here are two other things you'd also like to know:
1.) In my story, I'm writing as a female nobility, a female commoner, and a male assassin.  The reason why I've been asking for males' stories is because after two pages of writing as Millis, my assassin, I realized...

Well...I just can't write like a guy.

I've got an older brother, so I know, in a sense, how they function, but the voice was just never right.  My solution was to soak myself in the voices of males and see if I could learn how to write like them off of their stories.  So special thanks, Michael, Daniel, Stockton, Pascal, Samuel, and Ted for all of your inspiration.  It has definitely helped.  :)
2.) As for where I am now, I have the one-page prologue perfected and completed.  (The thirty-eight other pages from various chapters are hardly relevant.  x))

I'll be back this evening, Lord willing, to put up some character profiles.

Write on!
Clove

No comments:

Post a Comment