6.18.2013

My top 5

I don't know about the rest of you authors, but sometimes, I feel like my writing becomes a hundred times more epic when I listen to music as I write.  Unfortunately, I'm also such a music geek that I can't listen to music without paying full attention to it - there goes my attempt at writing.
Here are five of my favorite writing songs, chosen for their simplicity and moving powers that don't distract from writing:

Number 5 - Blackheart on Two Steps from Hell
For any and all conclusions.  This song holds enough sweetness and power to be surprisingly versatile.

Number 4 - Main Theme ~The Fullmetal Alchemist~ by Senju Akira
For speeches, monologues, or mysterious/dark/creepy description paragraphs.

Number 3 - Doomsday by Globus
Okay, I lied.  This song is NOT simple.
 The lyrics are mostly Latin, and the orchestration is full electric guitars, strings, chorus, and soloist.  I've found that this song works for a myriad of situations, one of which is that stereotypical yet still original romance/fight scene.
And before you begin to start judging me for listening to rock/goth/orchestral junk, you ought to know that Globus also the did the song for the Spiderman 2 trailer.  Justified.  :)
 
Number 2 - Dark Night of the Soul by Philip Wesley
For sorrow, for love, for impatience, this is another well-rounded song.

Number 1 - Sixth Movement (Lady Macbeth of the Mtysensk District) by Dep
Odd title aside, this entire album by Dep is actually one uber long song.  I chose the Sixth Movement because it does has a sense of anticipation that the others don't and doesn't have the sense of terror that the seventh and eighth movements do.  (Look them all up; they're worth it.)
I honestly put this as number one because I can listen to it, gain its sober mood, but not zone out as I write.  What do you think, author?
(On a side note, this video is only a clip of the full song.  For all four minutes, click here.)

Write on!
Clove

No comments:

Post a Comment